2010 Co-founding Management Team:
Sean Daly, Marci Garofalo, Robyn Bova, Diane Mallozzi, Debbie Franco, Tim Croke, Gina Kohr, Cherry Stephens, Jennifer Moon
not pictured: Chris Berlingo, Mario Socci
We started with an idea of how we can help the community more, by volunteering & being kinder, more supportive, then a small group got together with a first volunteer project, a second one, then another...and we kept going.
We saw how much it mattered to people and how much people really just wanted to help.
We have completed approximately 250+ volunteering projects and partnered with over 60 companies, businesses and teams.
We have raised awareness for many causes.
- Donated, cooked and served thousands of meals at the soup kitchen.
- Coordinated food drives on behalf of the soup kitchen and food pantries.
- Played live music at the soup kitchen
- Helped to custom fit and assist the SPA who gives thousands of bicycle helmets to kids.
-Planted & harvested food at the local community farm and delivered to soup kitchens and the hospital cafeteria.
- Planted & cleaned up beaches, playgrounds and backyards
- Set up & volunteered for charity concerts, walks, zumbathons, motorcycle rides.
- Climbed steps, walked miles and gave out water to runners for the American Lung Association & Bennet Cancer Center.
- Collected & given, warm blankets, coats and sundries to those in need.
- Made & sent thank you cards to veterans.
- Visited patients in the military hospital, provided coats & toiletries.
- Planted thousands of flags on veterans graves.
- Coordinated, collected & donated guitars on behalf of the VA for a music therapy program while raising awareness.
- Hosted an Easter egg hunt for children at the homeless shelter.
- Assisted at emergency shelters during hurricanes and delivered relief items to victims of hurricanes.
- Collected and given gently used, warm winter coats anyone who needs one.
To name a few...Join us....share your ideas, talents, skills....
We have helped to bring more kindness and caring support to our towns by encouraging and supporting volunteering locally.
Dear Backyard Humanitarians,