by Angela Malizia
It's "MEET THE BH TEAM Wednesday!"
Meet one of Stamford's Kindest, Backyard Humanitarian, Tommy Yaggi who supports many projects including fighting hunger with us at the Soup Kitchen. His generosity and passion for helping others is strong he brings a cheerfulness to all the BH projects he helps with.
1. WHAT WAS YOUR 1ST BH PROJECT?
Jesse Lewis Playground Build at West Beach. (Tommy donated, cooked & served delicious food off the grill to hundreds).
2. WHY and/or WHAT DO YOU LIKE ABOUT BEING A BACKYARD HUMANITARIAN?
I like to be around caring, thoughtful people who can all take the time out of our busy lives to help those in need and to see the looks of gratitude on people's faces when you are serving them a hot meal.
3. CAN YOU SHARE A SPECIAL BH MOMENT OR EXPERIENCE?
After the Playground build and at the dedication of the Jesse Lewis Playground. To meet Jesse's Mom and Dad and to see the outpouring of support from the community and the Whole BH team, shows me there is hope in this world and our community and how every little bit counts!
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE HOBBY?
5. WHAT IS SOMETHING SPECIAL TO YOU ABOUT STAMFORD, CT?
It's where I grew up. I like that you have the tranquility of The Falls (Off Riverbank Rd), to the amazing water views of our Beaches.
6. IN A WORD, WHAT DOES BACKYARD HUMANITARIAN MEAN TO YOU?